We are seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual with supervisory experience and leadership skills to help run the day to day operations at our studio and drive sales and client retention. Are you a go-getter? Do you like to come up with new ways to improve processes, motivate others and help clients have a superior experience? Are you passionate about health and wellness and have personal evidence of this focus in your life? Do you have experience in sales and enjoy promoting products or services you believe in that others will benefit from? If yes, we want to speak with you!
Core Responsibilities of the Position
The Assistant Manager works closely with the studio owner and weekend Assistant Manager to achieve the following:
- Ensure smooth operations to enable every client to have the best massage and customer service experience in the industry
- Drive revenue and studio growth by promoting the Wellness Program (discounted monthly massage program) and motivating 25% of all new clients to become monthly members.
- Personally demonstrate a strong ability to “close” the sale in terms of membership sign ups, upgrades, rebooking clients for future sessions, gift cards and package sales.
- Demonstrate superior customer service skills and serve as a role model in resolving client issues and concerns while remaining calm and professional, while building rapport and customer loyalty
- Supervise all studio staff, including front desk and massage therapists
- Assist with the hiring and training process for other front desk staff
- Be a “working” manager – able to perform all aspects of the front desk position, which requires high attention to detail, accuracy and comfort level in using the point of sale software system, Mindbody, to manage the schedule and transactions
- Coach and mentor other staff members to success and hold them accountable for their job responsibilities and performance results.
- Ensure that the studio is kept clean and supplies are replenished as needed
- Work with the owner to establish weekly and monthly sales goals and marketing plans
- Ensure studio compliance with all franchise operations guidelines
- Track Wellness Program sign ups, in addition to debit information and follow up with passed due accounts
- Follow up with clients who have not been in to ensure that they are not building up too many sessions.
- Be proactive by taking steps to fill the schedule, manage the schedule and ultimately increase revenue and avoid revenue loss (as much as possible).
- Attend and/or lead monthly staff meetings
The Assistant Manager will work 24- 28 hours per week, either Monday through Thursday or Tuesday through Friday, for 6-7 hours per day, time frames are flexible (some evening hours may be required, in addition to occasional weekend coverage when other staff are sick or on vacation) but would typically range from 10 am – 4 pm, 11 am – 5 pm or 12pm – 6 pm. The Assistant Manager will also need to be available to answer questions, as needed, via telephone during studio operating hours even after he or she has left for the day (or prior to arrival).
- 3+ years of sales and customer service experience and proven achievements
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years minimum in supervising or managing others
- Strong leadership skills and ability to self manage to get things done without extensive involvement or oversight from the owner.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and maintain a positive attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Fox) gmail, etc. a must. Experience with web based scheduling software a strong plus.
- Retail, direct sales or massage industry experience a strong plus!
- Entrepreneurial minded individuals, as well as those motivated to develop leadership ability will do well in this position. Must be coachable!!!
- Proven ability to manage and maintain confidential information
- Ability to think on your feet and come up with win/win solutions and creative ideas!
Compensation, Benefits and Opportunity for Promotion:
- Competitive pay rate
- One complimentary one hour massage per month plus a deep discount for all other massage services
- Medical and dental plan offerings – employer contribution after one year of service
- Bonus plan based on monthly studio sales goals and milestone membership growth
- Leadership training and coaching
- Potential to become full-time, salaried studio manager
- Up to 5 days of paid time off
Job Type: Part-time
- Customer Service: 3 years
- Sales: 3 years
- Management: 2 years