The WMA is a Sales and Customer Service role within an independently owned and operated Elements Massage® studio. A WMA is responsible for membership sales, building client loyalty and meeting studio and personal goals and objectives to ensure growth and profitability and a superior experience for all. High performance can quickly lead to sales / front desk management role.
The WMA reports directly to the studio manager, however will have frequent interactions with massage therapists and the owner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently follows all steps in the KNOWETM and sales process resulting in a conversion rate of 40% or higher.
- Gains commitment and agreement from clients concerning rebooking and membership.
- Makes great first impressions, builds rapport, and identifies client’s needs resulting in membership sales.
- Meets or exceeds the needs of the client — takes all opportunities to exceed client expectations without making unreasonable commitments.
- Take pride and passion in resolving client problems/complaints/issues. Listens, empathizes, apologizes, and takes personal responsibility to resolve any client issues.
- Creates client enthusiasts by rebooking by asking questions, reading body language, and follow‐through. Proactively seeks moments to wow.
- Maintains focus and avoids errors under high stress situations such as during busy client times.
- Maintains positive relationships with clients and coworkers when under stress from high client times, client/co‐worker complaints.
- Develops appropriate strategies to cope with high stress situations such as multi‐tasking, organization of work.
- Understands and applies knowledge, skills and concepts from on‐boarding, training, meetings and coaching/feedback.
- Actively participates in role‐playing, trainings and activities, regular meetings and coaching.
- Owns personal growth and development using learning tools and resources, engages in skill building by participating in daily role‐playing.
- Sets high standards of excellence following procedures and a high level of quality, productivity, and service.
- Accountable for goal/objective setting and achievement.
- Acts with integrity and high ethical standards.
- Communicates effectively with clients and team members (managers, coworkers, etc.)
- Maintains effective written and verbal communication through communication logs, shift changes/overviews to ensure smooth operations.
- Maintains timely communications via lead calls, appointment bookings, membership questions, and appointment confirmations.
- Sales / Persuasiveness – Sells the Elements Massage Wellness Program, and additional services to clients.
- Building Loyalty – Meets and exceeds client’s needs, builds loyalty, resulting in client promoters on the eNPS scale.
- Stamina – Performs well under pressure and stress.
- Applied Learning – Applies concepts from training, feedback, and professional development.
- Work Standards – Is accountable for goals and objectives, has high standards for performance.
- Communication – Communicates in a way that clients and co‐workers understand and retain message.
Compensation and Benefits
- $11.00 base pay with aggressive bonus opportunities for individual sales, conversion rates, studio performance, and client rebooking – higher performance results in higher per sale bonus
- Free monthly massage
- Outgoing, personable, and friendly demeanor
- Ability to learn and apply proven sales scripts / techniques
- Willingness to learn and be challenged
- Retail / sales experience preferred but not required