DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Massage Therapist is responsible for providing the industry’s best therapeutic massage in a professional and inviting environment where clients experience the Elements difference.
To achieve this goal, the Massage Therapist is responsible for adhering to established “Service Path” procedures and processes to ensure a flawless “Elements Experience” including but not limited to:
- Arrive on time to ensure you have plenty of time to prepare for your first client
- Dress in uniform (clean, neat and professional). Refrain from scented lotions, aromatherapy or perfumes.
- Check- in with SCSS /office manager upon arrival
- Greet every client with a smile. Greet them by their first name and shake their hand.
- Using the intake process, gather information to develop a treatment plan together then educate them on what to expect during the session.
- Begin and end massages on time
- Follow draping and pre-natal protocols
- During session check in with client to make sure pressure is adequate at least three times. Once within the first 5 minutes, once at the half way point and once during the final 10 minutes.
- Following the session, debrief with the client and make recommendations for a client’s return visit using the provided Reschedule Recommendation Card
- Write accurate and timely SOAP notes before leaving studio.
- Be courteous and professional with all clients. If at any time you feel uncomfortable during a session, stop the session and let the studio manager know immediately.
- Be professional and quiet both when in massage session and when not in massage session. If you have to talk to your co-workers do so in the break room.
- When not in session, complete downtime checklist.
- Follow end of shift room and studio procedures.
- Assist with keeping studio clean. Always leave the treatment room at the end of the day like you found it (or cleaner)
- Inform manager of any changes of address/phone, continuing education, etc.
- Maintain licensure, CEU requirements and current liability insurance.
- Comply with all HIPAA rules and regulations and/or applicable state privacy and security laws.
- Actively participate in staff meetings
- Communicate effectively with coworkers
- Provide timely and appropriate communication with studio management
- Be flexible
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid licensure for Pennsylvania and current liability insurance
- Customer service skills
- Ability to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to obtain clear background check
We are a growing therapeutic massage studio and are seeking responsible Therapeutic Massage Therapists to join our team. Recent graduates are welcome to apply. We will invest in your personal and professional growth by providing ongoing training and have designed this position with you in mind.
We will provide everything you need to be successful:
- A safe, warm, professional environment in which to work
- Administrative support
- Discounted Liability Insurance
- And LOTS and LOTS of clients
Because we are a therapeutic massage studio, you will be able to use your knowledge and training by working with a multitude of clients — from athletes to pregnant women to clients with chronic issues such as herniated and bulging discs, fibromyalgia and chronic low back pain.
Minimum requirement is 3 shifts per week. Average shift length is 4 to 7 hours with the possibility of completing 4 to 6 massages in one day. We provide breaks as required by law and in accordance with Elements Policies depending on shift length. Must be available to work one evening shift and either a Saturday or Sunday.
Elements is a smoke free work environment.
Send us a completed application and resumé today!!